The Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC is spearheaded by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Keith Blechman who strictly performs aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery procedures (for both men & women) at our state-of-the-art facility located on Park Avenue South in NYC. Patients from throughout the NYC tri-state area (and the world) seek our best in class surgical practices for Breast Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, and Male Breast Reduction | Gynecomastia. The Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC is committed to helping patients (both locally and internationally) achieve their breast surgery goals, with beautiful and natural-looking results. All breast surgeries are individually tailored to suit the patient’s needs including working with your doctor or cancer specialists (for breast cancer reconstruction surgery or post mastectomy or lymphedema surgery). Insurance accepted (when applicable) and billed. <FREE consultations are offered >
- Director, Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC
- Director, The New York Center for Lymphedema Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Vice President, New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York County Medical Society
- National Lymphedema Network
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York County Medical Society
- PlastyPAC Board of Governors, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Young Plastic Surgeons Steering Committee, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Please note – insurance may cover your breast reconstruction surgery: The Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 is a federal law requiring any insurance company covering a mastectomy (mastectomies) to also cover all stages of breast reconstruction, including surgery of the unaffected breast in order to produce a symmetrical appearance, as well as coverage for prostheses and treatment of physical complications. This applies to implant-based reconstruction as well as reconstruction using your body’s own tissues, regardless of whether these procedures are performed at the time of mastectomy or at a later date. We will work closely with you and your insurance company to make sure you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled.
The Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC works with all insurance carriers (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). We are happy to work with all insurance companies on these matters. You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of breast reconstruction surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
Contact the Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC for a Free Consultation
Any doubts I may have had were immediately dispersed after my first appointment with Dr. Blechman. He explained the procedure and what to expect afterwards so clearly. His bedside manner is wonderful and he clearly cares about his patients – he called the day before, and the evening of the surgery, to make sure all was ok. I’ve never had to wait to see him, and never felt rushed during the appointment. No complaints at all.~ RealSelf
The Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC offers the full spectrum of surgical options for breast reconstruction following a full or partial mastectomy. Dr. Blechman has experience with utilizing your own (autologous) tissue for reconstructing either one or both breasts, if available, as well as the use of breast implants.
Reconstructive Breast Surgery: Dr. Blechman offers (1) Immediate Breast Reconstruction (working with your breast cancer surgeon in the hospital at the time of the cancer removal surgery to perform immediate breast reconstruction; (2) Delayed Breast Reconstruction- breast reconstruction after your breast cancer surgery; and (3) Revisions of breast reconstructions. It is never too late to consider breast reconstruction, or a revision of a previous reconstruction.
- Partial Breast Reconstruction: Reconstruction of partial breast defects is often called oncoplastic surgery. Many women are dissatisfied with the cosmetic appearance of their breasts after lumpectomy. Since every lumpectomy defect is unique, the options to reconstruct them vary from patient to patient.
- Implant Based Breast Reconstruction: Implant-based breast reconstruction offers an acceptable cosmetic outcome without using tissue from the body
- Autologous (free-flap) Breast Reconstruction (DIEP flap, PAP flap, GAP flap): which transfers the fat and skin of the lower abdomen, or the buttock or thigh, to the breast to create a new breast mound. In women that do not have adequate volume for an autologous breast reconstruction, the use of tissue expanders and breast implants or a combination of autologous tissue and a breast implant can sometimes be recommended as an alternative.
- Revision Breast Reconstruction: Many breast cancer patients who have reconstruction end up having revision surgeries. Breast revision reconstruction is performed when the reconstructive surgery the patient initially received resulted in an aesthetically disappointing outcome.
- Nipple (Areola) Reconstruction: Nipple / Areola reconstruction allows the NYC plastic surgeon to put on the finishing touch for the best possible aesthetic outcome on your breast reconstruction surgery.
- Congenital Breast Reconstruction (Partially formed or absent breast, Poland’s syndrome, etc.)
Dr. Blechman, a board certified plastic surgeon and accomplished microsurgeon, and founder of The Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC, is also the Director of The New York Center for Lymphedema Surgery and provides surgical options for patients with post-mastectomy lymphedema.
Post Mastectomy Lymphedema Surgery: Lymphedema is abnormal swelling in the tissues caused by interruption of normal lymphatic flow. Breast cancer treatments such as or radiation therapy can cause lymphedema to develop in the upper extremity. The mechanism is not well understood, but probably results from injury to the lymph nodes in the armpit.
- Lymphovenous Bypass Surgery: Lymphovenous bypass surgery reroutes the lymphatic channels into functioning veins in the arm so that the lymph can bypass whatever blockage exists.
- Lymph Node Transfer Surgery: With this surgery carefully selected lymph nodes are removed from another part of the body and transferred to the armpit where lymph nodes may have been removed as part of the breast cancer surgery.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery (Plastic Surgery):
- Breast Augmentation (Breast Implants): Breast augmentation plastic surgery, or augmentation mammoplasty, uses breast implants to increases breast size, which improves symmetry, enhances appearance, and restores a confident self-image.
- Breast Lift | Mastopexy: A mastopexy lifts and reshapes breasts. Weight loss, pregnancy, and aging all can cause breasts to droop and lose their shape.
- Breast Reduction: Breast reduction plastic surgery involves an individualized approach, which is tailored to each patient, to improve the size, shape, and appearance of an overly large breast.
- Male Breast Reduction | Gynecomastia: Gynecomastia surgery is performed to correct overdeveloped male breasts.
- Revision Breast Augmentation: Breast implant removal, correction, and replacement is offered by the best in class NYC plastic surgeon.
- Top Surgery: Female to Male (FTM) Top Surgery is is a gender reassignment procedure for transsexual men in order to create a masculine chest.
If you have any questions in regards to breast surgery and would like a complimentary consultation with the board certified NYC Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Keith Blechman, MD please feel free to contact our NYC office for a complimentary consultation or request a consultation online using the eForm on the right.
If you are an out of town patient interested in a complimentary breast surgery consultation please refer to this link for more information: Out of Town Breast Surgery Patient Information.
Breast Reconstruction Center of NYC
461 Park Ave S, #7K
New York, NY 10016